There are no translations available.
| In order to achieve its vision and mission statement, the EULC implements certain number of goals and objectives: The objectives statements as they are worded in the plan are:
- Promote formal relations between the consortium members to foster collaboration and resource sharing.
- Support optimal access to information for the consortium members through regional and national co-operation.
- Promote collection building and unified polices.
- Provide support for the implementation and management of common library systems.
- Improve information literacy skills and share training, resources and expertise.
- Select the appropriate e-resources for the Egyptian scientific community.
- Develop a unified list of the required e-resources.
- Negotiate with the e-resources agents to achieve the maximum saving in e-resources subscription fees and attain all the added values.
- Manage and update the subscription with the consortium participants.
- Attract new members to the consortium.
- Host the library automated system and provide access to the digital library resources for the EULC members.
- Manage, coordinate, and supervise the automation project in the EULC.
- Unify and standardize the tools of automation such as classification schemes, authority control lists, and quality control techniques.
- Host and organize professional conferences and workshops in the area of library and information sciences.
- Participate and represent the EULC in the national and international occasion related to libraries and information science.
- Prepare monitoring reports and statistics analysis for the usage of the digital libraries and libraries automation.
- Develop a business model for the EULC in order to be self sustainable to guarantee the continuing of the consortium.